Type Here to Get Search Results !

Rebirth of spoiled crown Princess ch 180

 



Chapter 180: Deep affection between aunt and nephew.


Shen Biyun accompanied the old Furen to chat after the meal, because they chatted about some of the things that happened in the family in the past, and it was not convenient for outsiders to listen to it, and when it was just the two of them, the old lady looked at Shen Biyun and smiled: “You child, your appearance haven’t changed much. You say when I wanted to marry you to An Zhongtao, you didn't agree. You insisted on going with that poor scholar. Now he's left you with something? What did he leave you? Besides a son, I'm afraid there are debts, right?"


Shen Biyun had a trace of embarrassment on her face: "There are no more debts. I have sold my house and land to pay off family servants. However, there is no surplus. Biyun made aunt disappointed…”


“Yeah, you really angered me at the time. I couldn’t figure it out. You won’t come to the good General Mansion… ah, we won’t talk about this now. Anyway, it’s all from the past. Now my General's residence isn't bad, is it? The emperor's grace is generous and constant. Ranyue and Yanran will marry into the royal family in a few years' time. By then, the General's Mansion will be even more prosperous. But it's a pity that I have been so strong all my life, but when I get old, I don't even have a caring person..."


Shen Biyun was curious as to why the old lady said that, but for a while she didn’t know how to interject.


The old lady sighed and said to Shen Biyun again: “Fortunately, you are here. I have hope…”


“My aunt’s kindness to Biyun is heavier than her parents, but Biyun has nothing to repay…”


Reading at thenovelsiread. blogspot.com

 "Silly child, who asked you to repay, what do I lack in a family like mine now? Don't I lack a caring person? You're staying at the General's House, but it's not a permanent solution. Although they said that you can take this place as a home, it’s not really home, right? Now, I have an idea. It depends on what you mean… “


"Auntie says it is!"


“Let me say, before you didn't agree to marry Zhongtao, now that you have another chance, I wonder if you're willing to join the General's House again and be my daughter-in-law?” The old lady wanted to tell her about her plan in a few days, but she couldn’t wait.


She wants to give An Zhongtao a concubine.


When Shen Biyun heard this, her heart was very complicated. First, her husband had just died, and she still has to remain loyal to her husband(as remain not remarried). On the other hand, in the past few years, her husband was really just sick and could not do much for her. Instead, he was so exhausted that his family was in dire straits. She lived a very poor life and had to worry about spending even a penny. Now as soon as she entered the General's mansion, that grandeur has already made her feel inferior. Even the clothes worn by those slave girls are better than hers. How could she be unmoved? Moreover her cousin has grown more mature and more charming than when he was younger after not seeing her for so many years. Her heart was a little more active.


But this made her express her position. How embarrassed she could say it directly, just shaking her head: “Biyun has come to take refuge in her aunt, so it’s okay for aunt to make decisions…”


The old lady understood in her heart and said with a smile, “well, this is my good niece!”


The old lady’s mind is full of plans. She can’t beat Lian Jinyu. At least she can make her lose favour.


With Shen Biyun’s good appearance, she knew that An Zhongtao would not last long. Besides, Lian Jinrong was out of power. There was no one in the General’s Mansion who could compete with Lian Jinyu.


How could she find a way?


On this day, it was snowing outside. When An Zhongtao returned home, it was quite early. He went back to the study room after seeing Lian jinyu. There are documents to write on the table. When he was writing halfway through, someone knocked on the door. It was Shen Biyun, who had a tray in her hand and came in and placed it on the table, "Cousin, do you still remember the Si rong soup (Silk Hibiscus Soup) I used to make?”


“Si rong soup?” An Zhongtao’s eyes brightened. “I haven’t eaten it for many years, but you’ve only been here for a few days. How can you cook? These things are done by servants. You can tell them.”


Shen Biyun was wearing a bright red Sichuan brocade with fur trim today, and her face was as white as snow, and she had two dimples when she smiled: “Cousin, this si rong soup is made for you. When a servant makes it, even if the same ingredients are used, different people will make it taste different, won't they?”


“That’s hard work for you!”


“It’s not hard. I live for nothing in my cousin’s house. What else is hard for me?” Shen Biyun said and pulled out a bitter smile.


Seeing her expression, An Zhongtao frowned: “I’ve already said what I wanted to say. This is your home, you don’t have to worry about it…”


Shen Biyun wiped the corners of her eyes, reached out and put the soup in the bowl, and sent it to An Zhongtao: “Cousin, try it, this soup is only good when it is hot…”


An Zhongtao took it and took a sip: “It’s still the same taste…”


“Yeah, this loofah is not easy to find this season. I only found two of them after searching the kitchen. I brought this dried brasenia from my house. I used it with dew, just like fresh ones. Cousin, you said I told my servants that they can be so careful to pick out the broken edges and the disabled…” Shen Biyun smiled.


Hearing this, An Zhongtao nodded softly: “it’s true. It’s just troubling you. I can’t drink much… Did you drink it? “


“I gave some for Aunt, and the rest is here…”


“Then you can drink some too!” An Zhongtao said.


For this cousin, he still had a lot of admiration in his heart. As a daughter, she had a lot of ideas. In those years, she did not hesitate to fall out with her family and married Qin Shulin. It was a pity that he was short-lived. Otherwise, it would be a good thing in the world for her husband to sing along with the woman.


Therefore, he was polite to her.


What's more, she was new to the General's Mansion, so she must have a lot of restrictions. When Shen Biyun heard what he said, she was not polite. She filled a bowl, drank it, and sighed: “I used to have ingredients like this when I was at home, but Shulin didn't really like to drink it, so I didn't make it very much. Sometimes I think about it, this hard work is secondary. Having someone appreciate what you have made is also a kind of affirmation and satisfaction for the cook..."


The two talked and laughed for a while. It was time for dinner, and they still didn’t realize it.


Lian Jinyu sat there, seeing that An Zhongtao hadn’t come yet, and whispered to Hong momo. The old lady was sitting at the table and said, “Why is Biyun not here yet?”


“Back to the old lady, Miss Shen went to the General…” a maid replied.


“What is she looking for him for?” The old lady asked in a puzzled way, and then she remembered something and laughed. “This child, I know. She must be in the General’s study room. She made soup this afternoon and gave me one. And another one must be sent to the General. Zhongtao loved to drink the soup made by Biyun in his young years…”


The latter words were addressed to Lian Jin Yu.


Lian Jinyu smiled: “This, I really haven’t heard Zhongtao mention it!”


“They had a good relationship before, they always played together when they were young. Later each got married and started own families before they separated. At the moment they are probably reminiscing about the past…”


As they were talking, An Zhongtao and Shen Biyun walked in together. They were talking and laughing, only to stop when they entered the hall and saw so many people looking at them.


Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.